24.11.08

Bowled a turkey

Literally, a turkey. I didn't get three strikes in a row (but I have done that before) , but a real frozen turkey. More on that in a bit.



My friend Mike texted me Friday afternoon asking if I had anything planned. I didn't have anything on my agenda and asked what was up. He said that his friend's ferret just had surgery and needed to be taken care of while he was out of the state. So, essentially, it'd be him and I hanging at his friend's place for the evening after medicating the smelly pet. His friend has a nice set up, specifically the huge LCD HD television that I was playing Fifa 08 on. Additionally I learned that Call of Duty 4 is considerably better than Halo 3, specifically it was that lack of douchebaggery from the other players. All the while, Mike was on his newly built computer questing on WoW. Just hearing him talk about WoW made me want to go pick it up for myself. But I've been through this temptation many times, it ends with me realizing that I'm going to get fed up with the game (like I do with all other games) and stop playing it. Additionally my laptop is on the onsets of old age; heating up to lap scalding temperatures when I watch youtube clips, horribly depleted battery life (3 hours of battery life when I first got it, now 1 hour), and the fact that it's been dropped a few times (not by my hand amazingly).


I helped Mike hold down "Jungle" while he gave it (as I don't know the sex of the beast) it's medicine, which smelled like Pepto Bismol, then we gamed for a few hours. I played Marcel over Live in Fifa, he beat me by 2. Then we got on Call of Duty and played that for a few rounds. It was around ten o'clock when I started to get thirsty, so I waited for Mike to finish up his quest while I looked for a bar.




The first bar we went to was So Addictive. I was a bit of a let down. They had a live dj, but that's about the only good thing going for it. The bartender gave me a lot more ice than I wanted in my Jack on the rocks and only 3 women in there. I agreed with Mike that we'd roll out after we finished our drinks. I was already looking for the next bar to go to on my phone. Luckily, Mike looked out the window and found our next destination. Jimmy's Old Town Tavern was an awesome bar. It reminded me of the Auld Shebeen, except with more stuff to do. There was a Jagermeister ice sculpture for ice cold shots of Jager, a dance floor, and multiple televisions showing Oklahoma slaughter Texas Tech. As well, there was a drunk guy who didn't stop dancing the entire night, except for when the "mystery saturday contest" went down. Which happened to be bowling a frozen turkey into a set of ten pins. Mike bowled an 8, I a 7.

"Fuck your couch," powerful words that were uttered by Dave Chapelle, and many college and high school students to this day, when he was playing Rick James. These words, "Fuck your couch" just incase you forget, also caught the attention of the young lady who was sitting next to Mike and I. Her name was Katie, and she was hanging with her friends Craig and Derek. Derek was sporting a kick ass moustache, I claimed he reminded me of a young Burt Reynolds, he thought it looked more Frank Zappa. Craig is a dancer and likes to show that off, by embarassing Katie. Later that night, Katie got a hold of my iphone and went on my facebook. To which she proclaimed that I am friends with her ex-boyfriend's wife.

Ahh, the world is quite small.

No comments: